Learn how to take care of a dog at an indoor playground. In today’s learning adventure we’ll meet our very special furry friend named Cherry B, a dog that is feeling a little sad. Mr Albie takes Cherry B to an indoor playground to learn more about how to take care of a dog and to find out why Cherry B is feeling sad.
Cubs will learn 5 ways to take care of a dog:
- Dogs, just like Cubs need to play and exercise. That’s why there are dog toys to keep them busy and happy. This is important for all dogs but especially bigger dogs that have a lot more energy.
- Dogs also love going to the park and taking a dog for a walk at the park everyday is another way to take care of a dog. Dogs like the park or going for a walk because it is also a time for them to pee and poo.
- Another way to take care of a dog is to give a dog a bath at least once a week. This helps them to stay clean and healthy.
- Dogs also need lots of sleep- in fact 12 to 14 hours of sleep. Having a safe space to rest that is comfortable and quiet is important in taking care of a dog.
- Lastly, dogs also get hungry and need to eat 3 times a day. There are different types of dog food and choose the right one for the type of dog you have is important.
Cubs will learn how to take care of a dog but more importantly understand feelings and empathy for animals. Our learning adventure ends with a celebratory game of freeze dance!
Watch this episode of Cub Wings here.